Show an rss feed on which is somewhat or very different on every page. I implemented this plugin to show the reviews of my plugins on the plugin pages as shown to the right of this page (as soon as there would be reviews..;)
Download: wordpress pluginpage
The RSS in the menu on the right is handled by rss per page.
- First I created a category for every plugin
- Then I made sure that the existing news was in the right category.
- On the plugin page I used the category slug for that plugin in the RSS ID field
- And last but not least, I added the URL https://plugins.funsite.eu/category/@ID@/feed as to the widget settings.
@ID@ is replace with the contents of the RSS ID field and the relevant news is shown as a result.
A unique feed on every page.
- Put the feed’s URL in the RSS_ID field of the page where you want to show it
- Use only the @ID@ in the widget settings.
Hence the url as given in the RSS ID is used in the widget.